Jennifer Teramoto Pedrotti
Pronouns: she, her, hers
- Office: 47-31
- Phone: (805) 756-2359
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D., M.S., Counseling Psychology, University of Kansas
- B.A., Psychology; B.A., English, University of California, Davis
- PSY 304: Intergroup Dialogues
NOTE: As I am now the Associate Dean for Diversity and Curriculum in the college, I am no longer taking students for research assistant positions. I’m still always open to chatting with students about my areas of specialty, however – please feel free to contact me.
My main research interests lie in the intersection of multiculturalism and positive psychological constructs such as hope, coping, and well-being. I have particular interests in expanding understanding of strengths as being culturally-embedded and thus as manifesting in different ways across cultures. In addition, I am interested in the effects of multicultural training on students, particularly as it relates to the development of ethnocultural empathy, self-efficacy, and other traits. I also specialize in research related to multiracial identity and well-being.
Selected Publications/Professional Activities
- Pedrotti, J. T., & Isom, D. A. (2020). Multicultural psychology: Self, society, and social change. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Lopez, S. J., Pedrotti, J. T., & Snyder, C. R. (2019). Positive psychology: The scientific and practical explanations of human strengths. 4th edition. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Pedrotti, J. T. (2018). The will and the ways in school: Hope as a factor in academic success. In M. Gallagher, & S. J. Lopez (Eds.) The Oxford handbook of hope. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Pedrotti, J. T. (2018). Cultural context in positive psychology: History, research, and opportunities for growth. In M. Rao Warren, and S. Donaldson (Eds.), Scientific advances in positive psychology. Santa Barbara, CA: Praeger.
- Pedrotti, J. T., & Burnes, T. R. (2016). The new face of the field: Dilemmas for diverse early career psychologists. Training and Education in Professional Psychology, 10, 141-148.
- Pedrotti, J. T. (2015). Cultural competence in positive psychology: History, research, and practice. In R. Hetzel, L. Marks, & J. Wade (Eds.) Positive psychology on the college campus. (pp. 81-98) New York: Oxford University Press.
- Pedrotti, J. T., & Edwards, L. M. (2014). Perspectives on the intersection of multiculturalism and positive psychology. New York: Springer Science + Business Media.