Jennifer Teramoto Pedrotti
- Office: 47-31
- Phone: (805) 756-2359
- Email: email@example.com
- Ph.D., M.S., Counseling Psychology, University of Kansas
- B.A., Psychology; B.A., English, University of California, Davis
- PSY 304: Intergroup Dialogues
- PSY 325 Positive Psychology
- PSY 370 Introduction to Clinical and Counseling Psychology
- PSY 372 Multicultural Psychology
- PSY 585 Research Methods
My main research interests lie in the intersection of multiculturalism and positive psychological constructs such as hope, coping, and well-being. I have particular interests in expanding understanding of strengths as being culturally-embedded and thus as manifesting in different ways across cultures. In addition, I am interested in the effects of multicultural training on students, particularly as it relates to the development of ethnocultural empathy, self-efficacy, and other traits. I also specialize in research related to multiracial identity and well-being.
Selected Publications/Professional Activities
- Pedrotti, J. T. (in press). The will and the ways in school: Hope as a factor in academic success. In M. Gallagher, & S. J. Lopez (Eds.) The Oxford handbook of hope. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Lopez, S. J., Pedrotti, J. T., & Snyder, C. R. (2015). Positive psychology: The scientific and practical explanations of human strengths. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Pedrotti, J. T., & Edwards, L. M. (2014). Perspectives on the intersection of multiculturalism and positive psychology. New York: Springer Science + Business Media.
- Pedrotti, J. T. (2014, January). Shifting the lens: Including culture in discussions of positive psychology. Keynote address presented at the meeting of the Asian Pacific Conference on Applied Positive Psychology, Hong Kong. (http://www.acapp2014.ucep.org.hk/web/subpage.php?mid=20)
- Pedrotti, J. T. (2014). Taking culture into account with positive psychological interventions. In A. C. Parks-Sheiner (Ed.) Wiley-Blackwell handbook of positive psychological interventions. (pp. 403-415) Oxford: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Pedrotti, J. T. (2011). Broadening perspectives: Strategies to infuse multiculturalism into positive psychology courses. Journal of Positive Psychology, 6, 506-513.