- Office: 38-211
- Phone: (805)756-2357
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A.B. Psychology, UCLA, 1974
- M.A. Psychology, UCLA, 1975
- Ph.D. Psychology, UCLA, 1979
- Psychology 201 General Psychology
- Psychology 340 Biological Psychology
- Psychology 430 Sensation and Perception
MMuch of my current time is devoted to textbook writing, including two versions of an introductory psychology textbook with John Cacioppo of the University of Chicago, a series of biological psychology textbooks, and another project in first edition. When I do get a few spare minutes to engage in original research, I am especially interested in new technologies as applied to teaching and social networking. I enjoy collaborating with students and two of my daughters, who are also professors (Strategic Communications and Systems Engineering). I maintain an award-winning blog with which I interact with students in many nations who are using my textbooks.
Selected Publications/Professional Activities
- Freberg, L. (in press). Discovery: Biological Psychology. Belmont, CA: Cengage Learning.
- Cacioppo, J. T., & Freberg. L. (2013). Discovering psychology: The science of mind. Belmont, CA: Cengage Learning.
- Cacioppo, J. T., & Freberg, L. (2013). Discovering psychology: The science of mind (briefer edition). Belmont, CA: Cengage Learning.
- Freberg, K., & Freberg, L. (2012). Relationships between loneliness and perceptions and use patterns of social networking sites in university students.In Patelis, T. (Ed.), Research studies, literature reviews and perspectives in psychological science (pp. 105-120). Athens, Greece: ATINER.
- Freberg, K., Graham, K., McGaughey, K., & Freberg, L. (2011). Who are the social media influencers? A study of public perception of personality. Public Relations Review, 37(1), 90-92.
- Freberg, K., Adams, R., McGaughey, K., & Freberg, L. (2010). The rich get richer: Online and offline social connectivity predicts subjective loneliness. Media Psychology Review, 3(1), retrieved from http://www.mprcenter.org/mpr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=213:frebergonline-connectivity&catid=24:socialnetworks&Itemid=178
- Freberg, L. (2010). Discovering biological psychology (2nd ed.). Belmont, CA: Cengage Learning.
- Freberg, L. (2006). Discovering biological psychology. Boston, MA: Houghton Mifflin.