Director, Masters Psychology Program
Pronouns: she, her, hers
- Office: 47-21A
- Phone: (805) 756-6123
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D., Counseling Psychology, Loyola University Chicago
- M.A., Counseling Psychology, The Ohio State University
- B.S., Biological Sciences, B.A., Psychology, University of California, Irvine
- PSY 323 The Helping Relationship
- PSY 413 Parent-Child Relationships
- PSY 460 Child Abuse and Neglect
- PSY 472 Multicultural Psychology
- PSY 556 Multicultural Counseling and Psychology
- PSY 569 Practicum Supervision
- PSY 568 Advanced Psychotherapies: Understanding and Treating Childhood Abuse & Trauma
- PSY 571 Advanced Family Therapy
- PSY 572 Child & Adolescent Therapy: Theory and Application
- PSY 576 Traineeship Supervision
Childhood trauma and child sexual abuse, child forensic interviewing, violence prevention and intervention, psychology and social policy, multicultural training and counseling, and Latino/a psychology.
Selected Publications/Professional Activities
- Pedrotti, J. T. & Sweatt, L. (2007, August). Effects of a multicultural psychology course on undergraduate students. Poster session presentation at the 115th Convention of the American Psychological Association’s Annual Convention in San Francisco, CA.
- Sweatt, L. & Ortiz, S. (2005, March). Cultural competency with Latinos/as in psychotherapy. Invited presentation given to mental health professionals in San Luis Obispo County. Sponsored by the Community Counseling Center, San Luis Obispo, CA.
- Cervantes, J., & Sweatt, L. (2004). Family therapy with Chicano/as. In R. J. Velasquez, L. M. Arellano, & B. W. McNeill (Eds.), Handbook of Chicana/o psychology and mental health. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum.
- Sweatt, L., Harding, C., Rasheed, S., Carter, P., & Lynn, L. (2002). Talking about the silent fear: Adolescents’ experiences of violence in an urban high-rise community. Adolescence, 37, 109-120.
- Knight-Lynn, L., Harding, C, Rai, B., McManus, S., Kitcharoen, K., & Sweatt, L. (2002). Urban children’s video production and performance-based programming: Implications for learning and cross-cultural friendships. Journal of Prevention & Intervention in the Community, 24, 45-61.