Students Receive Research Travel Funding
Congratulations to the following students who received student research and travel funding for 2017-18:
Psychology Undergraduate Research Conference (PURC) in Los Angeles
- Samantha Altman (psychology junior) Exposure to Recent Familiarity vs Novelty Benefits Subsequent Memory.
- Alan Aung (psychology senior) Exposure to Recent Familiarity vs Novelty Benefits Subsequent Memory.
- Winston Chang (psychology senior) Recent Familiarity vs Novelty Transiently Benefits Associative Memory.
- Emma Cohen (psychology senior) Effects of Race and Gender on Perception of Job Applicants: Does Campus Diversity Make a Difference?
- Anna Conroy (psychology senior) The Acquisition of a Gender Gap in Emotional Intelligence from Childhood to Adulthood.
- Kara Douds (psychology senior) Judgements of Blame in Crime Scenarios.
- Jourdan Jackson (psychology senior) Effects of Previous Criminal Record and Targeted Age Group on Mock Juror Perceptions of School Shooters.
- Spencer Knowton (psychology senior) The Impact of Trigger Warnings on Emotional Reactions to Literature.
- Melissa Margolis (psychology senior) The Impact of Trigger Warnings on Emotional Reactions to Literature.
- Rachel Semple (psychology junior) Emotional Reactions to Literature Depend on Trauma History and PTSD Status.
Association of Psychological Science (APS) in San Francisco
- Kalynn Carpenter (psychology senior) Task-irrelevant sound improves performance on non-visual spacial placement tasks.
- Josie Chamness (psychology junior) Mood and Perception.
- Larisa Sheparovich (psychology senior) Task-irrelevant Sound Improves Performance on Non-visual Spacial Placement Tasks.
- Carson Wack (psychology senior) Spatial Processing Without Vision.
Western Psychology Conference for Undergraduate Research (WPCUR) in Moraga
- Hannah Cassidy (psychology senior) The Effects of Stress & Personality on Sleep Paralysis.
National Association of Advisors of Health Professionals (NAAHP) in Washington, D.C.
- Hanna Davis (psychology senior) Examining the Effects of Pre-Med Status on Depression in Undergrads.
Spartan Psychological Association Research Conference (SPARC) in San Jose
- Hannah Phelps (psychology senior) The Identity Threats in Higher Education.
- Marcos Ramirez (psychology senior) The Identity Threats in Higher Education.
- Kristin Tran (psychology senior) The Identity Threats in Higher Education.
Health, Wellness and Society Conference in London, England
- Rhiannon Star (psychology senior) The Effect of Health Psychology Courses on Mindfulness, Mental Health, and Physical Health.